Should I go?

I'm depressed. I don't feel like doing much. I get asked to go to a Twilight party. I'm insulted by the host and I'm not obsessed with Twilight. I want to go so I don't upset her, just so I don't have to hear from her how pathetic my life is. I work FT outside the home, have 2 young boys that I miss to death. Can I just stay home without being called a hermit or effortless friend.
I can go and pretend to be happy or I can stay home and BE happy but anticipate negativity....which would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Stay at home. Your children are more important. One day you will wish you spent more time with them. She is not acting like a friend. Don't be depressed. Just say NO. Feel good about it and don't regret it. This will bring you out of the depressed state you are in because you spoke up for yourself and feel good about it. Friends will come and go in our lives. Some will stay a long time and others only a short time. The ones that stay are true friends the others where there for when you needed them and they needed you. Cheer up and embrace a new beginning of YOU! Stay connected with your children. Have a blessed day . Embrace today, yesterday has past and tomorrow will be another beautiful day.   God bless you and your family.

delmarnative

Answer by delmarnative at 1:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Stay home, who cares what others think! Our boys are gone everyday during the week, and I stay home on the weekends and play games, watch movies etc with them. There's no need to run around. We do enough of that during the week and when Hubby's home, going wheelin and riding dirtbikes.. It's good to teach your kids that home is a sanctuary away from all the busyness life brings... Don't feel bad Momma, enjoy your time with your kiddos!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Do what you want to do. You don't have to listen to anything you don't want to listen to.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• your family should come first? esp. if you work...spend time with your boys! that is what I'd do
    Anonymous

• Take your sons out for a couple hours to have some alone time with them.
    It will boost your spirits to get out of the house and to be with your boys.
    You don't need to be surrounded by negative energy so I wouldn't go to that party at all. In fact, you would not be lying if you said you had other plans to go out.
    Trust me, it will do you good.
    Hugs from one hermit mom to another. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I don't know why so many in our society think that if you like to stay home, you are the odd one. I love, love, love not socializing and having a ton of things to do outside of my home. I use to do what I thought was normal and was never happy. When I started doing what I wanted to do it sure made life more enjoyable. Let others criticize and be negative, that is their problem not yours. You stay home and enjoy your family.
    Anonymous

• Stay home and enjoy your children. Your family comes first and they are more important.
    Praise2

Answer by Praise2 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• stay home and enjoy your children. let them make fun of you - friends come and go in life but your family is forever.

I just lost a friend for the same reason that she couldn't stand the fact that I never made it out - I used to make excuses but then it was just no. you don't have to go out and do stuff all the time to enjoy life.

they see it as a boring and dull life, but you see it different ( at least ido - home is where I like to be) and from the sounds of it there're a BUNCH of us HERMIT MOMS. happiest at home in our castles with our children.

:)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Do what YOU want to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I did stay home and had so much fun with my family. AND my friend wasn't too upset either.
    Anonymous