Social support

Other than your Husband/ Boyfriend/ Baby's daddy...etc... who do you have in your life as a support system? And how are they supportive? Listen to you vent, watch your kids, hang out, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• A friend who also has a baby. We share the same ideas on parenting.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No one other than DH and he isn't a great listener. I have learned to embrace the fact that I do not have anyone to rely on and deal with everything on my own. I have been "crapped on" by so called friends so many times that it is better emotionally to not even attempt to have a close friendship, it is so not worth it , in my opinion anymore.
    Anonymous

• I have me.

My husband does what he can, but his disability makes it difficult for him to do much.

His family is useless. Mine is dead.

I don't know many people in this area and those I do...well, I don't fit in since I'm an older mom with younger kids.
    Anonymous

• My family is very supportive and we also have a wonderful church family.
    Praise2

Answer by Praise2 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My mom, my sister and her family, good friends, wonderful neighbors.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009