I'm almost 29 weeks...

How often should I feel the baby move?

NickysMomma888

Asked by NickysMomma888 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That really depends on your baby
    how they are sitting where they are sitting if they move at night when you are asleep ect.
    as long as you feel some regular movement dont worry about it.
    I know with my last i almost never felt her
    Anonymous

• it just depends my daughter was real still and this one is everywhere.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• some people feel it all the time others dont, this is baby 4 for me and god does he move im 25 weeks and he is on the move more than he rests lol but my other 3 were never as active as this lil devil , u will get into a lil pattern and get used to the movements mind every now and then i will get the odd day were he wants a lazy day or to and i just feel lil kicks as if he has the hick ups , try and talk to yr baby (i no it sounds mad but it works) the only person my baby doesnt respond to is his dad lol who isnt pleased hehe but different noises and felling on yr tummy makes baby respond xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 3:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It depends, but you could use the method my doctors office recommends. Every day at what you feel is the most active time for the baby (maybe after a lunch or dinner?) you sit and wait for the baby to move. Record how long it takes for the baby to move 10 times. It could take 2 minutes, and it could take 20 minutes. But if it takes longer than an hour to reach 10 movements in the time youre actively paying attention, call the doctor.
    Dont know if that helps, but im 28 weeks and they 'require' their patients to do this and fill out a chart to go along with it. I think thats a bit much, but whatever.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 5:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2009