sleep!!!!

is there anyway i can get my daughter to sleep a lil longer in the morning she gets up a 6:30 any tips

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her stay up later.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• hmmm aren't you lucky my daughter is up by 530A which on school days is great but weekends a 630A morning would be a luxury! We have tried keeping her up later and her body insist 7P is her bedtime or else she is unbearable so I figure since she sleeps good we will suffer the early monring till she gets a bit older. She is 19mos
    Anonymous

• Babies and toddlers are wired to feel around 6-7 am is wake-up time.

So that's normal.

Though you can try letting her snuggle with you a little in the morning to see if she falls back asleep - if nothing else you get a few extra minutes all cozy before getting up.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• The best I can suggest is putting her to bed a little later and keeping the house as dark as possible overnight. If she gets up early, quietly tell her it's still sleepytime, put her back in bed, snuggle her in, etc. We had to do this with my oldest (who is 34 months) - that means all blinds/curtains closed, as few nightlights as possible, etc so that even when dawn has broken it still feels like nighttime in the house. We would tell her "ssshhh, it's still sleepytime", put her back in bed and tuck her in. After a week or so of this, she began sleeping about 1 hour later than she had been. It's not much, but it's made a big difference for Mommy. :) Good luck!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• thanks mamas for the advice
    Anonymous

• Put a dark thick fabric behind her curtains... Good for naps too :)!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009