Do you practice the Law Of Attraction?

The LOA basically says that if you think about things and believe.........you will attract those things in your life. Do you have LOA success stories?

birdee12

Asked by birdee12 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry. I don't practice that as it is against my personal beliefs (I prefer prayer, then I know that if God answers it, it is because is is really the best thing for me).

But I have a friend IRL who is all about it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• That is a big part of magic, so yes, I do practice it. However, I think that is not quite what the things I have read about the Law of Attraction have made it out to be. We give ourselves the illusion of control sometimes, when we practice the LOA, when in fact what we have is influence.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Believe me....I believe in Prayer. My LOA always begins with asking(Prayer). God is the source of all and we are 1 with him. We have the power thru God to co-create.
    birdee12

Answer by birdee12 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have been working on it a little every day. It's hard to change the way you think and to allow yourself to be positive even on a "bad day" but I know it works, I've seen the change in those that I know that use it but don't personally have any stories to share. I would suggest you read the Idiots Guide to The Law of Attraction. I LOVE this book and recommend it to every and any one that I think could use it. It takes the idea of LOA and breaks it down in to terms and exercises that the general person can understand and do. I think it ran me a total of $5 on Amazon.

As a Pagan, I tend to use a form of the LOA in doing magick and ritual work. I also believe that prayer and LOA go hand in hand. What is prayer if it's not telling the universe what we need? In fact the book I was talking about even has a section on looking at the LOA as talking to your 'higher power" instead of "the universe" as most people refer to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes i do and i try very hard to change my ways. My mom went to a shop down here where i live when she visited me last Dec. The psychic gave her free cds of Law of attraction. She forgot it but i will be mailing to her some day lol I do believe in it. its all about intent for me. I am wiccan.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I didn't even know there was one. But after hearing what it is, no, I don't believe it. I believe in prayer. All prayers are answered; sometimes the answer is "no", and that is a good thing, though I don't usually think so at the time.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 5:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Sounds like some new age Oprahish fooey to me. If this is the case- if I think I am a millionare, believe I'm a millionaire- I'll be a millionare.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 6:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• ave.maria
    it's not just about thinking. your actions also influence the law of attraction. You DO have to WORK to get what you want.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Wow, I had no idea I would get responses like this. Law of Attraction is a universal law. It is for everyone no matter what religion. We all have our God and our Higher Self which resides within us. I love to be aware that we are all 1, it helps me to stay positive because I know that God would not do negative things and God is within me. I focus on all things Happy, Joyus, and Love. This incredible vibration that I hold by living life this way, is how I understand LOA!
    birdee12

Answer by birdee12 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• yes and no.

I believe that if you really want something and you set it forth in your mind, work towards it, visualize it, talk as if you have it or will have it soon, focus, etc you have a really good chance of getting it.

I do not believe that simply thinking about something will make it happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2009