should i worry about slight spotting in early pregnancy?

thursday i had first app with doc and when i went to give urine sample i noticed a small ( .50 cent piece) of red blood in my undies that was it no bleeding after. i told doc but he said not to worry ( yeah right). and yesterday after doing dishes and having coughing fit i had small amount of brownish discharge. of course i am freaking out. anyone who could give me some reassuring words would be helpful.
ps no cramping except light stretching like

jinger74

Asked by jinger74 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Spotting is normal. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it's brown and there is no cramping. Now if it's bright red with cramping, or even bright red....then there may be cause for concern.
    Anonymous

• light spotting is nothing to worry about, if you are doubled over in pain like cramps, or heavy bleeding you should worry, but spotting is common. GL
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I spotted & cramped with all four of my pregnancies. With my 3rd, I knew it was normal, but it had been 13 long years since I had been pregnant & being 41, I was petrified of losing that baby. I must have called my Dr. everyday to let them know I was spotting and having cramps. They nicely reminded me that as long as the cramps were mild & I was only spotting and not bleeding a lot, it was normal. Both finally stopped early in my 3rd month. Best Wishes!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i had the same and miscarried so it shows how it effects people different however i am pregnant now again and had the same thing and i am fine and 25 weeks preg so just make sure u dont over do things and good luck hunni xxx
    Anonymous

• brown they say is old blood, and thats totally fine , i suggest you relax as much as possible until your doctors appointment just to be sure, im sure ur fine and crangrats :)
    therisaa

Answer by therisaa at 4:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Listen to your doc. He is absolutely right. Unless you have cramping or abdominal pain, you have nothing to worry about at all.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Brown blood is old. Any small amount of spotting and even cramping is normal in the first month or two of pregnancy. It could be implantation bleeding or residual menstrual blood.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I had spotting for over a week with this pregnancy. I've had three miscarriages and two successful pregnancies. So needless to say, I was freaked out. I took it easy and I've been fine for three weeks now.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 8:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2009