Should I continue this friendship or say goodbye?

I am totally lost and basically my heart is broken. I have a friend(it is a male friend) and that is all he is...I enjoy talking to him and having him as a friend. He says that he will always be there, I can always talk to him, he cares. Lately, it seems as he no longer feels that way...he still says that he cares and I can talk to him. Yet, when I am talking to him via the phone it is like he is distant..always doing other stuff. If I email him...he will write me back stating that I am not bothering him..he does care..then it may be days before he will send me an email back. I am getting mixed signals and I know that I should probably just rack it up as a lost cause...but, still it really is breaking my heart. It is just nice to have friends to talk to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask him why he seems distracted. Friendship goes both ways, and he may need the invitation to open up. Then again, like any friendship, maybe he just feels he no longer has to treat you like a "new" friend.

At worst, he's either had feelings for you all along and no realizes that its a dead end so to speak, or he was a friend in the beginning and now he wants more.

At best, he has things going on with work, family, hobbies, etc.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your answer...it helps me out more than you could imagine!
    Anonymous

• the best way to find out wuts goin on with him , is to ask him directly what's going on with him , or why he seems distant . ik how hard it is , but unfortunately friendships dont always stay the way we'd love them to .
    good luck !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009