ok, my husband and I just got married about a month ago and we had a child together prior to our marriage. I want to have more now, as we always said we wanted more, but now he says he's happy with just the three of us. What should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask him if he means for good, or for now, you guys just got married maybe he wants to settle in to the title and enjoy the setting before you guys start all over again! talk it out!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• if he's already told you what he likes, you might have to learn to live with it. be happy with the blessings already bestowed upon you. how much of a hurry are you to have another one anyway? who knows, maybe in time he might change his mind. sit him down and have an open discussion about it (if you haven't already). it's the only way to know for sure.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt press it too much right now, you just got married you will have plenty of years ahead of you to reproduce just enjoy where you are now
    Anonymous

• I would sit him down and talk to him about it. Say something like "honey we have always said we wanted to have more children and now you are telling me you only want it to be the 3 of us. Do you mean for the time being , or for good?" Maybe he is just happy being a newlywed and enjoying married life with his family. I would let him know that you would still like another child/ren, and see if you can compromise--- just have it be the 3 of you for now, and then in xxx year/months start working on adding to your family.
    Good luck.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I've always heard to wait a while after getting married before starting a family. We were very happy just the two of us and decided after three years that if we ever wanted a family we should get started because it was nice without. And now of course I can't imagine not having the children. But anyway, the philosophy behind waiting was to give the marriage time to work out any problems before bringing a child into the world. This is not at all your situation, I understand, but the philosophy may be the same, give the marriage some time before adding another person to it. Good luck. If he honestly never wants more children, period, for sure, then you need to decide if this is the right person for you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2009