do you have any unusual games in door you play with your kids?

our play time is gettin stale and it turns to fighting and the kids not being cooperative...
well any game ideas? and no board game ideas please they are burt out on board games

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you have one of those kitchen timers that makes a clicking sound and then bings when it goes off, you can hide it and let the children run around, listening for the clicking, and try to find it before it bings.

Answer by Bmat at 4:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Play "find the dust bunnies" or "learn to scrape dishes".....

You can paint newspaper with just water and brushes, very fun! Or get big rolls of paper and have them draw biiiiiiiiiiiig pictures - tracing themselves and the family cat.

What are their ages?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• their ages are 7 5 and 2
    Anonymous

• Hide and Go Seek... do some crafts maybe? My son and I play the playstation together, color and draw some pictures and play with play-doh.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• When DS was little I let him fingerpaint the tub either naked or in his underwear, clean up was a breeze! He had a cousin the same age and even would let the two of them do it together they loved it! Of course they ended up painting each other, but whatever!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• my kids love "hide and shriek." You let them run around and jump out at each other from around corners. It isn't for the noise sensitive, that's for sure.

You could hand out dusting cloths and have them dance around and dust to the music. Then switch areas when the music stops.

In the quiet realm, they like perler beads, beading necklaces (I bought a giant bag at Michaels for $4) water colors, and puzzles.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• We do charades, karaoke, hide and seek, blind mans bluff, duck duck goose, musical chairs, twister.... Oops that's kind of a board game,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• We play "I Spy" a lot.

Another game we play is that I give them 3 clues and they have to guess what I'm talking about. It doesn't have a name, but it goes: I'm thinking of an animal: 1. It has 4 legs. 2. It is hairy. 3. It likes to play with yarn. Answer: A cat. Make the clues easier or harder depending on age levels.

We also rhyme a lot.

I know there's more..I just make stuff up all the time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009