SUPER WORRY!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK????

OK, so my 3 year old daughter has had what I think is a cold for the past 4 to 5 days, you know the usual, stuffy nose, cough, chest congestion and fever, all tho is been on high side (I think) 102F, 103F. Today while she was just sitting on the floor having a snack and she started coughing and her nose started to bleed, her sweeter, her jeans and the floor got duty while I went to the kitchen to get something to clean her up, witch I think is a lot for a little girl. Is her first, and I hope the last, nose bleed, my husband says that is normal but I got super scare and I'm kind of concern and VERY nervous.... What should I do????

lucy0716

Asked by lucy0716 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Health

• A nose bleed looks like there is more blood than there really is. Did it stop bleeding after a few minutes? Was she upset? Did she say she was in pain? If the nose bleed lasts more than a few minutes AND occurs several more times, she gets very upset or complains about hurting (around her sinuses or head), or the fever lasts for a few more days, you should take her in just to get her checked. Lots of times if there is a lot of congestion that quickly dries up your nose will bleed some because the membranes get fragile and can tear and bleed; they can also tear if she has been blowing her nose a lot due to the congestion. My brothers all got nosebleeds all the time; mainly they are just scary. If it happens again, have her pinch her nose below the bony part for about 5 min. Do not have her tilt her head back- the blood can drain into her sinuses and irritate them, and she can get even more congested.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I'd take her to the doctor or an urgent care center, not so much because of the nose bleed, although that would have tilted the scales in favor, but because I'd be wondering about swine flu. The nose bleed would have nothing to do with that and was probably just dry air or something.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• the nose bleed would worry me some...but those are flu symptoms not a cold...trust me my daughter had h1n1 any cold symptoms with a fever could be the flu take her in
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• TAKE HER TO THE DAM ER OR HER DR OFFICE ! U DONT NEED TO ASK USE JUST GO !
    Anonymous

• A nose bleed is a common symptom of H1N1; you daughter has a virus. Pick up some elderberry syrup, keep her comfortable and well hydrated, and give her lots of hugs.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I cannot believe this but I agree with RKOLOMS: Elderberry syrup, liquids and watch her. Look for Sambucol in the store. (Elderberry syrup)
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers!!!! Someone got kind of aggressive but what can I do????.... The only thing that makes me think that she doesn't have the flu is the fact that she still very active and she is eating, not as much as usual, but she is eating........ About the elderberry, I hear about that before also, but where can I get it????? I know they have Elderberry tea but where can I get the syrup????
    Thanks again for the answers and I'm, FOR SURE, gonna keep and eye on her.... if she is still showing the same symptoms in the morning I'm taking her to the Drs..
    lucy0716

Answer by lucy0716 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2009