How would you jazz up plain rice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If I had rice already cooked, I'd maybe mix some cheese and onions in with it. If I were cooking the rice I'd cook it in broth.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would add some butter and garlic, and maybe some Parmesan cheese. Yum!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I like rice with just soy sauce and grated ginger, but that’s me
    Plain rice is great with a stir-fry, a curry, in fried rice, rice pudding, etc. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Parmesan cheese. Spinach, ground beef and shredded cheese. Buttered and cheese. Cream of chicken soup mixed in rice. Soy sauce. Peas, butter and parm cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• @rkoloms - wtf is "offlist" and why are you so determined to get so many people to "send you a message offlist"???

@OP - depends what I'm serving it with. My kids 2 favorites are to mix in a lil butter, cinnamon, and a lil brown sugar, and their other is Zatarain's dirty rice - I add extra rice so it's not so spicy though. Another way we make it is to mix equal amount of cream of celery soup (any cream soup works), milk, and rice, and microwave in a glass bowl or bake.
    Anonymous

• Anon:35, you seem to follow her around looking for things to gripe about. If you don't like her ignore her or block her and you won't see her posts. There is no need to bash her at every turn.
    Also my guess is that she doesn't want to take the time to post recipes if the OP doesn't want them. Back off!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry but, anon 35 said it like is. I thought I was the only one who noticed. I like a lot of the types of food rkoloms makes but, damn a lot of people don't want to eat that way or see a benefit to having a "clean" diet. No, I'm not a stalker but, just like plenty of people on here you notice certain people doing the same things over and over again. I have no gripe whatsoever with rk but, she does give out recipes and suggestions like it's her job. No offense rk but, you do. I like 'em but, not everyone does.

Anon35 you made me laugh, it just ain't that serious this is the INTERNET.
    Anonymous

• LOL LOL LOL come on now if we try hard we can turn Food and Drink into Politics and Current Events or maybe even Religion and Beliefs. Instead of a tranquil stop we can join the rest of the drama groups.YAY just kidding though this did give me a laugh

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Offlist means click the dropdown next to my screen name and send me a message directly. These little boxes are a challenge for posting recipes.

And yes, Ms. Anonynasty does follow me around making snarky comments. She is always good for a laugh and I hope that she never abandons me. (is that you, Mrs. Owens?)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Rice is a great food to just experiment with. You can put pretty much anything in it and it'll be great! My favorite is to add onions, a little carrot, peas, a scrambled egg, and a bit of soy sauce. Cook up some chicken cubes in olive oil and soy sauce. Mix it all together and Voila! You've got chicken fried rice!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009