What do you think should be a teacher's yearly salery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• If they're good I think it should be similar to other professionals. 75 to 100k.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I agree with the first post....but I am a teacher so.....lol.

Actually it seems as a society we pay people who do the most for us the least. The ones who get paid unrealistic salaries are the ones who throw a ball or sing.

In our area a starting teachers salary is around 30,000...not a lot.
    Anonymous

• Good teachers, those who are still trying hard to make a difference, should get at least 75,000 per year. The ones who have given up because of less money, or school supplies shouldn't even be there.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• 40k starting out and they get merit raises based on their performance like anyone else would.
    Anonymous

• I went to school to teach, got a masters and everything and decided to train dogs because it's fun and SADLY it pays better!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Well, I'm going to teach and I think it should be based on how much schooling you have first. After that, how good you are at your job. My boyfriend's a teacher and he only gets 34k and he's got a Master's in what he's teaching. That's ridiculous. But, I also know that different districts get different pay.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• A lot more than they are. Locally, teachers are starting at just $18K a year. Most have second jobs just to make ends meet, and the older ones are making around $35 - $40K ...

All of that is just disgusting!

They should be starting at nearly $40K a year. But unfortunately that would force taxes through the roof and everyone would move... So, it's a double edged sword!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I think they should make over $80K a year, regardless.

THEY are the ones whom are helping to educate our children all day.

TEACHERS are in it for the long haul, not just a few seasons making milions even while sitting on the sidelines cause of injury. I know of men and women whom battle diseases and from broken hands and arms and ankles and legs, and come back once healed up. They aren't sitting there getting paid to do nothing.

It's sad that they literally are not paid well. AND MANY have to purchase alot of their own rooms school supplies. I actually know several teachers whom go in together and buy in bulk offline and off to SAVE something. THEY pay for it and the rest they ask parents to HELP. Which they even say is rare. It's terrible. What's spending an extra $50 for the year or more for your childs things needed for class?

Teachers are AWESOME and deserve SO much MORE then they do get now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2009