Stretch Marks >(

Alright, i'm sure i'm not the only one that has them but do they ever go away? is there anything i can do??i love my kids to death and wouldn't change a thing except for the fact of getting stretch marks..i rubbed myself everyday with cocoa butter and still got horrible stretch marks during pregnancy..it kinda sucks to know that at 22 i'll never be able to wear a bikini for my husband, or even wear a sleeveless shirt... and i know he understands and acts like he doesn't care about them but..i do. i'm very self concious about them and i want to get rid of them, but i heard they never go away..my mother had 4 kids all in a row, sunbathed, and never applied any lotion to her and doesn't have one damn mark on her body ( freak of nature..lol)..is there anything i can do that actually works??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Not really I know there are some products like mederma that helps but they will never completly go away. I saw on the doctors the other day a new laser treatment they had for stretch marks the before and after pics looked promising.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i saw on the doctors, that they only turn white. but never go away. even tough on surgery. the doctors are never wrong. in this case i wish they were too.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i think you can get some kind of laser treatment but its probably really expensive. try different creams at the store & shit too, some of them will help alot. also, did you loose the weight you gained? because loosing weight & toneing up helps alot.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have stretch marks mainly from my oldest son, but I had a seven year gap in between my 3rd and 4th children and they had almost gone away when i got pregnant with my 4th. I didn't do anything except regular lotion, and you could still see them but not so obviously that I didn't feel comfortable in a bikini. After having my 4th I've been using bio oil and I definitely 2nd the recommendation - it's working!

Answer by missanc at 1:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Like everyone else has said, I think laser treatment is the only thing that might remove them. But if that's something you can't afford,(i know i couldn't!) you should lay out in your backyard or where ever and get a tan. I have them on my stomach, but when I have a tan, you can hardly even notice them.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I had them really bad on my thighs and used the Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Stretch Mark remover. Within about six months they were faded to flesh tone and I felt comfortable wearing a bikini and shorts again! You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• im in the uk we have bio oil it reduces the appearance......i have 5 children and they do fade as time goes on..but wont ever dissappear completely
    sharon35862

Answer by sharon35862 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• WHAT ABOUT TANNING? ANYONE TRY THAT?
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009