Is anybody else out there using Mucinex for a stuffy nose and if so how long will it be before my nose clears up because its invading my sleeping hours and only clears up in a air-conditioned room since I can't breathe in a stuffy room if anybody leaves in a project building where you have forced heating at above 55 degrees?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 5:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have not heard of using Mucinex for a stuffy nose. As far as i know it's made to help you cough crud out of your throat and chest.

...but then again. i don't typically use conventional medicine.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Try a neti pot.....you will love the results.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It sounds like you have an allergy. You can try eliminating dairy, eating a spoonful of local honey every day, and drinking peppermint tea (peppermint is a great decongestant). You may want to consult with a health care practioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• LOL.
    Mucinex contains medicines to thin chest congestion. It won't help your nose.
    Anonymous