Can I learn to be submissive?

I think it would help my relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• um. ...that depends on what you mean.

maybe (hopefully) what you mean is can you learn to express heartfelt commitment to your mate in the language he understands. And the answer to that is yes.
    Read the book "How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate: The Five Love Languages" it's an excellent book.

The next time he does something nice for you tell him how much you appreciate it when helps you out. Try putting aside time just for him (like going fishing with him or whatever he likes). Buy him a gift or make him something special. Give him an extra hug or kiss before he leaves for work AND when he returns home. Also, if there is something that he really likes ...like a favorite meal or if he likes the house clean when he gets home or anything that you DO for him, make sure it's done.

After you do all these things try to remember which one he seemed to respond to best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, you can learn to be submissive. It's really pretty simple and easy to do, especially if your husband loves you the way a submissive wife is to be loved. There does need to be a pretty good understanding of what is and is not to be classified as "submissive." It doesn't mean that wives don't have and express opinions, for example.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes. I did. It's not easy for me to do it all the time but each time I get better at it. I sort of liken it to playing a character in a play. That way I don't lose "me" in the mean time.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Why would you want to? It took women so long to get the rights we have now. More power to you. I just don't get it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• If you open your Bible it tells you how to be submissive to your husband. Im still a work in progress. It takes time and patience on both your parts. NOthing happens over night. Wish you the best.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You need a really good collar to start with. One that locks and only He has the key.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait....NOT that kind of submissive?laughing

Anonymous

• Ugh, Ignorance I swear.eye rolling

Anyway to the OP, yes you could learn there are books out there that can help you on your way. If you would like send me a message and I will tell you what those books are.

lilmaiyagirl

Answer by lilmaiyagirl at 7:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009