Need help

how do you entertain a 26 month old thats in a cast from the waist down any ideas please help he will be in a cast for 6 weeks

Devonsmommy2007

Asked by Devonsmommy2007 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• coloring books, ripping paper (kids love that), movies, books, making some fun cards for grandparents, maybe try some of those games like v tec baby, etc.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Go outside in his wheel chair as much as possible. Its great for fresh air and their attention span at that age is pretty good when it comes to outdooors. So sorry he is in this situation. Poor little boy:( Take him to the zoo, park, aquarium, museums. You can also get him a vtech game for the tv that he can play.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• coloring books, maybe one of those drawing boards that you can erase and use over and over again, dvds, not sure what else. I'll be back if I think of anything. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I'd get a membership ASAP for something. the zoo, aquarium....
    hit up the storytime at the library a lot.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• PS .... i am sure your kiddo w/ be ok. I feel sad for you, Momma..... how stressful and scary. good luck
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• portable dvd players are fun,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Movie Cars toys.... my kids love to play them on the table. And since they have faces they have personality.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was in traction for several weeks when I was 2. My parents kept me occupied with Colorforms - a modern toy would be the magnetic playsets where there's a background and then movable magnetic pieces - like a farm background with a pasture and barn and then a cow, horse, farmer, etc for imaginary play.
    Also, simple puzzles and books.

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• these are all great ideas and we have tried most of them but he just seems to get bored so easy he was one of those boys that never sit still and I can't bring him anywhere cause he won't sit in his carseat
    Devonsmommy2007

Answer by Devonsmommy2007 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Video games. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009