1st time flying w/ kids....

how big/old should a kid be in order to safely use the normal airline seat belt and no carseat or harness thing? they're 44 and 36 pounds at this point, flying in Feb. so add on a couple pounds each I guess.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Travel

• I don't believe in having a child on your lap when flying. It's my opinion. My daughter flew at 5 months and we were away last month. She was first in a car seat, then graduated to CARES Airplane Harness and now she uses the airplane straps. We purchased this product and used until she was old enough not to use it anymore. KidsFlySafe.com
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Under 2 is considered a lap child. You DO NOT want to strap them in with you. The could get seriously hurt. If they are older then theyll sit in their own seat and youll strap the belt enough so they can move a little
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• def keep them by the window. My dd loves to look out the window and she stays occupied the whole time. More than if i put a dvd on for her
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I agree with steph319
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2009