Clean/Organize help?

Ok mamas, you can make all the judgements you like at this point. I've read some of the posts on here, and I admit. My house is absolutely horrible right now. Clutter everywhere, I've let the dishes go for a few days now, have boxes still to be gone through (we moved in in March...). It's to the point that I don't know where to start. I get the house to the point it's decent (and I don't die of shame if someone comes over), and in 3 days it's back to being terrible. I live with my ex bf, work full time, and run after a 2 year old. It's impossible to do anything without keeping 2 eyes on what little one gets into (my ex, her father, is usually sleeping, and doesn't help with a damn thing besides making a bigger mess). I get to the point that I'm not the one making most of the mess, but somehow I have to clean everything when I pay half the bills? Any tips, advice, links to home organization, anything would be soo helpful!! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• flylady.net it changed m life and I felt good about it, not embarrassed.

camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Id get a sitter for the baby and invite a friend over that is motivated. Have her/him help unpack the moving boxes and creat a system. Go to Walmart and by those plastic organizing drawers and start labeling them and putting things away. My house is the same way. Its so small taht its impossible to keep it immaculate at all times. I bought those drawers and have all of dds toys in them. The big stuff is neatly kept byt the boxes and in her room. Start throwing things away too. IF you havent used it since March then you prob wont ever. Dont attach yourself to things either. Even if something is sentimental. If it meant that much it wouldnt be in a box or closet. Id watch that show clean house and style net for some tips. You can also go to Ehow.com and type in How do I organize? GL and if I think of more ill post again
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• And what ever you do dont save something in hopes your gonna need it "someday". If you havent used it in the last year then you prob wont. Besides, you can always replace it in the future if you absolutly have to
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• To reinforce what Steph319 said: the less stuff there is, the less mess it can make. Even with your DD's toys. Put half of them away somewhere where she can't play with them, and swap some back and forth between the accessible and inaccessible categories every couple of weeks.
    As for the whole house being insane thing: work on one room at a time. Get that room in great shape, then move to the next, going back to the first just for the smaller routine straightening. Work your way through the house this way. The goal is to get through every room eventually, getting things to the point where if company's coming, you can get things to the "OK" state in half an hour-45 minutes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• " I get to the point that Im not the one making most of the mess......" Oh yeah, I hear ya! Im always saying that its 4 against 1 in my house..l..no fair no fair!

I bought bed risers for my dd's bed and its perfect for sliding a regular plastic laundry basket underneath. Great storage for all those barbie things.
    Buy each child a clear plastic shoe organizer and use it for shoes if you like but we stuff all kinds of junk in it. I have one for almost every room in the house.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009