• In the Spotlight:

What type of shows your kids watch?

My daughter turned 7 today. She has never liked disney movies, sesame street, and all the other shows kids her age seem to like. For a while it was Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody, and iCarly. Now I cant get her to watch anything but food network. She loves to watch them cook. Do your kids watch wierd things?

formykids373

Asked by formykids373 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The only TV my boys are allowed to watch is NickJr. and PBS kids. ...that's it. Movies and such are pre watched by me or MIL before it is decided if it is acceptable for kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• my 4 year old loves love the knowledge network.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My kids love anything with a foreign language. CBC was a favorite for awhile because of the kids shows had french thrown in. But right now the favorites are Ni Hao Kailan and Dora and any of my dance stuff that is usually in French.
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My kids love to watch Dirty Jobs.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Golden Girls
    Nanny 911
    Supernanny
    Judge Judy
    Judge Mathis
    All in the Family
    Leave it to Beaver

My daughter doesn't like cartoons.

She's only 16 months by the way. She doesn't sit in front of the tv all day, but it's on all day. She glances at it here and there while she's playing.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• my 8, 5 and 16m can watch whatever they want.. to the first poster who screens everything... LMAO!! are you going to go to school with them too?! They learn more there then they would watching shows. . I don't worry to much about what they watch since mainly it is on Nick, NickJr, or Disney or cartoon net work. but sometimes they do watch family guy,simpons, south park< watched maybe twice?.. (I did catch them watching adult swim, but I did stop that.. that was alittle too bad,
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• When I was younger I only watched food network, animal planet and discovery health.
    My sister is 7 she just discovered sponge bob..... before that it was the "older" shows on disney like wizards of waverly place
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My 9 month old granddaughter will stop what she is doing to watch certain commercials. When the commercial is over, she goes back to playing. I call the commercials her little shows...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2009