Can whole milk cause constipation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes. as well as allergies, asthma and a host of other things. It can also contribute to chest congestion, etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, dairy is very constipating especially if your LO drinks a lot of milk and eats a lot of other dairy products as well. Limit milk for toddlers to 12-16oz. per day, and offer lots of fresh fruit, veggies, whole grain toast, cereal, and other foods that are high in fiber. You can also offer up to 6oz. of juice per day.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes it can. My DS gets constipated badly if he has more then 12oz. of milk per day.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Dairy is very constipating

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes it can be constipating, no it does not contribute to asthma or chest congestion.

Limit the intake and add more fruit. I have to watch my son and maintain a balance between the two for him....
    Anonymous