Here's a Tip

When you go to a restraunt, don't give the waitress money for a tip. Give her a gospel tract. The love of money is the root of all evil; your dollars can send her to hell.

She will be more happy to see that gospel tract. What can be more valuable than a ticket to heaven?

Save a soul by saving your change.

Do you do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It was a joke. I just made up this question because I was bored. No tracts, no skidmarks, no angry waitresses.

Don't worship the pyramid, the hand or the eye though.
    Anonymous

• are you serious?
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 6:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes. Maybe they will give you better service next time too.
    Anonymous

• Having waited tables this tactic won't win any souls. Waiters/waitresses can be paid less than minimum wage because they get tips - so not tipping her takes food out of the mouth of her and her children (if she has any). Trust me - no one waits tables out of love of money. Maybe a stockbroker does but not a waitress. Give the waiter/waitress a tip - no need to be stingy. Otherwise it seems like the one who has an unhealthy love of money is the person refusing to tip.
    Anonymous

• Not everybody is Christian and not everybody would appreciate this. Its kind of presumptuous that you assume everyone would. I am not bashing a am christian myself this is just how I feel.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Since the love of money is the root of all evil- shouldn't you not be so stingy with yours? Shouldn't you give your money away to people that have earned it along with your tract- which will probably get tossed when the busboy clears your table?

Don't you know what the bible says about just wages and honest work?
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 6:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am not stingy with money. Tracts are expensive.

Lay up your treasures in heaven.
    Anonymous

• oh my goodness, i would never do that instead of a tip. they will spit in your food the next time you go there.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• waiters/waitresses work for a living. tips is how they pay their bill. money can get to a persons head, but when there is alot of it, not $12 in tips.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Wow, I was a waitress and it is hard work. I was even a Christian when I waitressed and I would often get tracts (I thought it was kind). But to get one instead of a tip is the wrong message.

If you want to make an impression, be kind to them, and leave a big tip (add the tract to that if you want).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009