how can i get my cervix ready for labor?

katieb916

Asked by katieb916 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, it will get ready on its own, but with my second I did take some homeopathics that helped... I dont' remember that names, sorry :( and also evening primerose can help, red raspberry tea leaf can help strengthen your cervix.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Your cervix works through normal physiological process through pregnancy & labor. There is nothing you should be doing, just learning how to trust in the normal process.

Some people like "ripening herbs" but it's not something you need to be doing. Your body will still work regardless.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You can't. It readies itself when you're in labor - that's what labor is all about is your body readying itself to get the baby out.
    Anonymous

• your cervix IS ready for labor. trust your body, that's the best thing you can do :) if you are worried about dilation, don't. i was just half a centimeter at my last prenatal appt and then i had my son 3 days later.
    Anonymous

• There is a hormone in semen that can help ripen your cervix, so sex is a good "helper" (and fun!). Ultimately, though, your cervix will open when the time comes. Your body will know what to do, you just have to trust it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009