Does this happend to all new moms and even the moms that have kids.

This morning my 2 1/2 month old daughter decided to roll off my lap on accident and all i did was just get a bottle for her and the next min. i knew she was on the floor . so i went and took her up to the er in my town and all they did was look at her head and that was it and said that she will be fine. and now she is spitting up sometimes after her she eats , but she acts ok. Has this ever happend to any one before and why do i feel so guilty and so bad. I swear it was an accident i wasnt fast enough to get her.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not in that order but yes. I left the living room where my LO was sleeping in her swing * she was buckled* and my oldest daughter who is 3 yrs. unbuckled her and swung the swing very forcefully and my LO went for a little ride. I rushed her into the ER and they examined her head and reflexes and all was well. I was sick to my stomach, but taught me a VERY valuable lesson to NEVER trust my DD while I am out of the room... it's a hard lesson to learn, but be thankful nothing happened!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• oh yeah, and i wont be the last time. my lil one has fell off our 4ft bed at 7 1/2 months,she has hit her fore head and had a huge bump that didnt go away for 3months(the doc) said its normal. i acidently smashed her finger in the door once, i even picked her up and took her into the living room and she came up so fast when i shut the door.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i wouldnt be paranoid and link the two together! perhaps your baby is spitting up because she drank too fast or too much? just keep an eye on her! and we all make mistakes mama! things can happen so fast!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yep DS has rolled off the couch more than once. Im sure the spitting up isnt connected just a coincidence. I learned a trick when you set up your baby on the couch take a blanket and put it over her lap and tuck it down into the cushions so its like a seatbelt. keeps her from falling.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I think it happens more with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc children than the first because the newborn doesn't have your undivided attention like the 1st child did.
    Anonymous

• I did the same thing with my son....he had never rolled over before so i thought leaving him on the bed while i ran into the other room real quick to grab somthing i needed for him(needless to say i dont know what that is and didnt get it ....lol) next thing i knew i hear a loud bump and run to see what it was....his daddy had just picked him up and he burst into tears.....took me about 15 mins to calm him down but he is fine now and never seemed to affect him.....as for the throwing up I think maybe she could have eat too fast or she could be like my son, who had acid reflux till i started feeding whole foods. If your really worried about her just take her to the dr and see what they say.....i really dont think its a result of the fall but i am no dr.
    RegenaSeaborn

Answer by RegenaSeaborn at 7:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Oh gosh, yes that has happened. The worst for me though was when I was holding my second son on my lap while I was sitting on the couch watching tv. Well, I fell asleep and must have let go and off he went onto the floor! I felt awful. But you know what? He never even woke up. He was all swaddled up real tight and didn't even flinch! I guess it was more of a slide down my legs. Both of our boys fell off our bed when they were babies. Our newest baby (3 months old) hasn't fallen off of anything, yet. I am sure it will happen eventually.
    Anonymous

• She has been fussy all day long too.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• oh i'm so sorry! yes things like that happened.

my husband dropped a toy on my son's face when he was a baby, and he felt bad for weeks. my son's face and cry was just like "and i thought i could trust this daddy person?!?!!?" my husband was heartbroken. but really he was fine other than a pink mark on his face.

what I did was cut his fingertip with the nail clippers and it bled and bled and now i don't cut his nails anymore, daddy does :(

it's normal to feel guilty but don't sweat it.
    Anonymous

• why is she so fussy , even after i give infant tynelol she is still fussy. what can i do.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2009