I had a colonoscopy. All I asked of my husband was to make sure there

was toilet paper in the house when I did the prep. There was not. I not feeling well and was not able to go out and buy it. I was po'ed. What type of response would have been appropriate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like my SO. Revenge sweets. It's fun..lol. Take all of the toilet paper out of the bathroom when he pooes. Right before you know he'll take a shower, take all of the shampoo and soap out of the bathroom, then take his toothbrush and toothpaste and hide it somewhere good...hehehe

sarcasm

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would be irritated. But I would try to be nice to hubby.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Ask him how he would have felt if you had neglected such a thing if he were the one doing the prep. Or to bring the problem home to him, pick something that he cares about.... say a game was on TV and he had asked you to take care of the cable bill but you forgot, and he had invited his friends over and they couldn't watch the game. Ask him how he would feel then. He should realize that he would be very put out with you since he would have relied on you to do something. (the cable bill idea is just an illustration, it would not be appropriate to actually do such a thing.)

Answer by Bmat at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• He forgot the TP?

Use his shirt as an alternative.

Ha!

Obviously, there are bigger issues here - sounds pretty passive aggressive on his part (IMHO).

Does he make it a habit to "forget" things that are important to you?
    Anonymous

• I used his pillow. Funny to me, not to him.
    Anonymous

• Does he make it a habit to "forget" things that are important to you?

YUP.
    Anonymous

• I made the shirt comment - sorry to post Anon but I didn't know how you would take it.

I'm sorry for a shitty (literal!) situation.

If you are being very clear about your needs with your husband, and he's still ignoring you, that's a bigger problem than forgetting TP.

But you already know that.

Everything aside - I hope your procedure went swimmingly!!!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Give him a taste of his own medicine, everytime you go to the bathroom make sure you take the roll with you so when he runs in there to take a dump...there is no toilet paper....lol what will he do oh no...lol but it will be funny and payed back for you...lol Have fun!!!!

shake handDoes that sound like a good deal...lol

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Id be pissed....that isnt funny business at all. I went through that twice kast year....he is either an insensitive turd or he doesnt care much about u.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• do you guys really think that if a man forgets to do the things you think are important that he doesn't really care about you? Its not always the case. but I agree that, its pretty screwed up that he didn't get the TP. IMO he either did really forget or he remembered but was to lazy to go get it. In that case that just makes your husband a selfish, lazy jerk!.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009