Who's right and who's wrong?

So my baby shower is coming Nov.22 and two weeks ago my mom asked me to do things to help her out with my shower. Which were to write out a guest list with my friend's addresses, help her get ideas for cakes, and help pick out games. So I did all these is in one night because I was so excited. So a week went by and nothing was said about the shower so I asked her last friday about the things she had me to do and the invitations and she cussed me out telling me how stupid invitations are because she doing word of mouth invites. She also told me that she doesn't need my help with anything because her and my sister have everything taken care of. So she continued to cuss me out and finally I hung up on her. I know that was wrong but I'm nearly nine months pregnant and I wasn''t about to sit there and be verbally abused. So a week went by and she told my SO that she not calling me and that she waiting on me to call her.

mommy2be121609

Asked by mommy2be121609 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Both of you were wrong. Suck it up and call her. Be the bigger person about it. You r Mom sounds pretty self absorbed.
    Anonymous

• actually you where not wrong, your mother was in the wrong. You did the right thing by hanging up while your mother was verbally abusing you. Although I would have given it a day or two for her to calm down, get her head on straight before you called her again to talk about the shower. If she persists on cussing you out, then tell her you do not want her help and that you will not tolerate her abusing you in a disgusting manner!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Also on another note, if your mom is going to cuss you out about asking a question to your baby shower, perhaps there is something deeper going on then just what is being said. From your mother's behavior it sounds to me that the shower is stressing her out and perhaps she really didn't want to do it in the first place. I suggest asking and to make sure she tells you the truth.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• There is no reason to allow someone to curse you like that especially your mom. I would have just said "I misunderstood" and thanked her for doing this for me. Then I'd have said good bye, hung up and thrown something at the wall but that's just me. You can't control crazy people. If you want the shower then just accept that she's nuts and call the woman but tell her to please not curse at you again. You are perfectly capable of understanding her without all the ugly talk.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2009