What would you do??

I have a friend and she is really my only close friend... iv never been really good at being friends with women, but her and I get along really well....Anyway out sons are in pre-school together and our SO's are cousins that really dont see eye to eye and have some problems in the past...So my son had the swine flu and he missed almost 2 weeks of school well the school was getting really snotty with me about it but then when I sent him back they sent him home and said he needed a Dr's release...ok fine whatever..so I was telling her that the school was getting on me and then when she went in a few days later to take her son she told the teacher that I had a death in the family and thats Why he had been gone the extra days.. so she told me thats what she told the teacher so I wrote a note and told the teacher the same story so my friend didnt appear to be lying... so my SO thinks I made up the lie and i didnt i was just..cont..

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• just covering for her so the teacher didnt get upset for her lying to her...im not sure why she did this... i dont think she is a bad person and she isnt a bad friend atleast not at this point anyway... but my SO hates her and doesnt like me hanging out with her cause he says she is TRASH well... in a way they are... but she does help me out alot with my kids and other things and this is the first time she has really ever done anything like this....but he says that I shouldnt hang out with her!! So what would you do... I mean she is my only close friend here (I moved 1300 miles to be with him over two years ago) and she hasnt done anything horrible to make me not want to be friends with her...I did tell her today please dont talk to the teacher on my sons behalf anymore that id handle it!! but would you cut off the relationship if your SO didnt like your friend and if she had done that to you???
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Since you are good friends, she just had bad judgment on this. It probably just popped into her head and she didn't think of the consequences. You've already told her not to do it again, so that should be enough. I'd say let it go. Everybody makes mistakes.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would have simply said she was mistaken not that she lied but I wouldn't have supported her lie.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No i would not cut off any realationship female/female, just because so didn't approve anymore. As long as you worked it out with your friend with not talking to the teacher about your family. There isn't a problem.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009