Has anyone used/using Mirena?

I ask because I am having some really bad side effects from it...not to mention I had to take it out last year because I got pregnant anyway...lol! This is not a question to bad mouth the product I think it is great if you can use it.

I am just wondering though because I have had a weird side effect equal to PID (constant pain...they keep saying its probably just a chronic UTI but it feels more like labor pains!) but the doctors cannot figure out what it is or do not want to figure it out.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I am using it. You got pregnant with it in??? Oh my! I have been having spotting for about 9 months. That is my only side effect.
    jeano23

Answer by jeano23 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yeah...I got pregnant with the Mirena and the nuvaring in because my former ob/gyn did not want to take it out without a back up method in place and since it was only in for 6months he act like it was a waste of money (my pain was not a good enough reason!)...I guess she was meant to be here!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have had it for 9 months...I have been havin really bad pains about once a week they last for a couple hours..I cant move when they are there...they have been goin on for about a month but other then that no side effects other then I dont get me monthly visitor lol I have only had 1 in the last 2 yrs LOL I had 2 babies in 1 yr so I was happy to get it and other then the pain recently I'm am happy with it
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I had it for a couple of years. Once I FINALLY got past the spotting I loved it and did not have any other issues with it EXCEPT if slid out two and a half years in. So now I am s.o.l. because insurance will not pay for another one because they are supposed to last five years. My attitude is that it was not my fault it came out and another one should be covered but they disagree. Luckily a few months after I got mirena my Husband got snipped.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2009