im going to pull my hair out!!!! pls help

everytime when i try to put her to sleep when its on my chest she screams like bloodymarry..how can i get her to just lay on my chest and not scream? i mean everytime we are out some where and i want her to go to sleep she just screams even when she is tired [any advice ] she is 13 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her home and put her to sleep in bed when she needs to sleep. Problem solved. On the rare occasions that you absolutely have to be out when she needs to be asleep (like during a long flight or something), try to walk around with her. The rhythm should help her ease into it. Or try a stroller.
    Anonymous

• im talkin about like we go to my mothers sometimes and she hasnt bought a crib yet for her place,so i was just wondering if anyone had any tips to get her to sleeps ,,,thanks for the advice
    Anonymous

• If you know you're going to be out at her naptime - take her bed blanket and some toys. Find a dark place, rub her back, and hope for the best.

Why do you want her to fall asleep on your chest? That doesn't sound comfortable, IMHO.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• get a good routine going. If you do this then she will know it's time for sleep and it will set the stage. Try to follow this routine as best as you can when away from home to make it easier for her and for you.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 9:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Kids are all different and my first would NEVER, EVER go to sleep on me (rocking or whatever) from about 8 months on, unless she was sick... I would get a pack n' play or portable crib so you can put her down if you have to be out.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Get a stroller with a reclining seat...works great for napping.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You can take her for a car ride, nice warm bath, rub her stomach, yes take her blanket and or anything else she normally sleeps with... I have 2 boys gotta learn the tricks LOL goodluck
    priscilla2boys

Answer by priscilla2boys at 12:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• When we are at my moms, she is the one that is actually able to put her to sleep. She holds her in her lap on one of those exercising balls and bounces to a Queen Music DVD and within 5 minutes she's out. But then again, she LOVES music. Good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You need to get a pack and play or something. You have to change your way of thinking sometimes. Toddlers don't always like to sleep on people...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009