would you want to know about past child molestation?

My BF's ex wife was caught (raping) having sex with a 14 yr old, it may have even been a 13 yr old, when she was 32ish... she is now 50, so that was quite a while ago. The parents of the child just ran her the hell out of there and didn't report it to the police. Her daughter still cries about the fact that it was her friend and she is embarrassed and feels guilty.
Well now my BF and her son is 12 1/2, getting to that age of the little boys she was sleeping with, it may have been up to at least 6, she doesn't deny it, she says at least she was pretty enough at that age to get such young guys to sleep with her. Anyways, my question is, if your son was staying the night with her son, would you want to know that this had happened almost 20 yrs ago? Would you not let your child stay the night at her house?
The thing is, I am reluctant to go spreading this around our community since there was never any police involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• shes a sex offender do not let your child go there
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No.

No.

No.

DS does NOT spend the night at the pedophile's house. Not ever.

I would also not be afraid of confronting this woman and telling her that I am watching her behavior with young men VERY carefully. If you have cause to suspect abuse, REPORT IT.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• op here.... well, I don't let my son over there! how would you go about letting the parents of the 12 and 13 yr old friends know? I'm just the girlfriend..... and I would hate to get in trouble for slandering her since there was no documentation of the rapes. And she turns it all around and says her ex husband, my BF is the child molester because he was molested as a child....... she's that evil, she would start accusing us and like I said, there was NO documenting.......
    I think the idea to let HER know that we are watching her closely was great.... i'll def suggest this to my BF.
    thanks for responding, all of you
    Anonymous

• HELL THE F&$# NO I WOULD NOT LET MY CHILD SLEEP AT HER HOUSE!

I'd probably let her son stay at our house, but no way in hell would my child ever be over there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would find a way to warn others that did not lead back to me. I feel for that kid and am shocked your bf is allowing his boy to be around her. Who knows she could force him to have sex with her. She never should have been allowed to get away with it and her own child is in danger now. Poor kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Would I allow my son to stay a minute in any known child molester's reach? No. And if any parent allows their child to be alone with a known sex offender or a person who has a history of hurting/assaulting ANYONE - and then that child is hurt.....that parent is responsible and could also go to jail. I have seen parents who have failed to protect their children be arrested, have had their children removed from their home, and face criminal charges for failing to protect their child.  I would never deliberately have my child around someone who has a history of hurting or abusing anyone in any capacity.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2009