Normal love life??

Hi, I just had a baby 3 months ago and need some advice on getting my love life back. My husband and I have had sex a total of 4 times since my son has been born. it is something we have to always prepare for, i mean with lube and lots of it! i need to mentally prepare everytime because it is sooooo painful. I hope each time it will get better so we keep trying and it doesn't get better. Do I need to wait longer or will it get better. I had an episiotomy but that is not the only problem... it burns all the way through. I talk to people who say they had sex soon after and it didn't hurt that bad.... why do i still hurt, BAD. Has anybody else experienced this?

sarlynne

Asked by sarlynne at 9:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And I've heard of people having sex 2weeks pp...doesn't mean that everyone can do that. With my first we waited 2 months pp (second degree tear) and it still hurt a bit for awhile. An episiotomy is a truama that it will take time to heal from. You may want to have it examined to make sure it is healing the way it is supposed to.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• it hurt me all the way unil my lil one was around 1.i need to get my love life back too.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• well i just had my son 3 weeks ago and me and my hubby tried to have sex. it was ok for a little bit but then it started to hurt a little i made him quit just in case it really started hurting... i had an episiotomy too... everyone is different though. i had this friend that went back to the dr for her 6 week checkup and guess what. SHE WAS PREGNANT AGAIN. i was like OH NO. i would have cried.
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i wouldnt think it should hurt that bad if you didnt tear inside i also had a episiotomy it hurts a little bit when we have sex it's been about 8wks it hurts more with a condom then without i guess just the rubbing of the condom but it's not so bad we have to stop i would ask my doctor about it if i was you just to make sure
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I had that problem, went to my OBGYN last week and I had to have a shot in my episiotomy site because when it healed a nerve got blocked and was causing pain. I haven't tried sex since the shot yet so I'm not sure if it worked. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Anon 12:31 here... I forgot to mention that my LO is 5 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You might want to talk to your doctor if you're experiencing that much pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2009