what questions should I be asking my doctor about ttc?

justdukie09

Asked by justdukie09 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It took me 6 years to get pregnant. They ran blood work. They did ultra sounds of my reproductive organs. They even did a DNC. Then one day I noticed that there was an oily residue in my bra where my nipples were. I called my dr and she ran more blood work, but this time (for the first time in the whole 6 years of me trying to figure out the problem) she looked for my prolactin levels. My prolactin was so high that it was higher than that of a breastfeeding woman.

So, after my experience I would immediately ask for a complete blood work and tell them to not only check your estrogen, but also your prolactin. To run that test correctly it must be done after fasting over night.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2009