Is this pain "normal"?

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have been experiencing come dull aching on my lower right side close to my hip. Most of the time it just feels like a pulled muscle or something, kind of like before you get your period. Other times out of no where i'll get a sharpe pain...also during the night I wake up to myself stretching my legs out..could this be round ligament pain or do you have any ideas? I am so concerned!

babychappellmom

Asked by babychappellmom at 10:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• During pregnancy your body goes through so many chances, has to grow move. I had many of othes pain you are talking about. I would not worry but do keep a notes on any concerns you have and talk to your doctor on your next visit. Now if there is pain and blood yes worry and contact your doctor ASAP. Sounds like growing pains for me.
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I was always so worried about those things when I was pregnant with my first one, it's so scarey - the fear of loss.
    I had the same type of pains, mine got better during the second trimester and then really bad in the last month. hang in there!
    Also, I was going to tell you that I had two misscariages after my first child, and that pain is so much worse. You KNOW that something is bad wrong, like double you over kind.
    I hope this helps you.
    sissy15

Answer by sissy15 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Thank you so much! This baby was not planned, a mishap with BC brought the baby to us, we were so surprised at first and now we can't wait!!! I just want everything to be ok for the baby but i know with the way we worry these next 7 months are going to be loong.
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 11:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2009