How do I get my 2 year old to stop gashing her chin?

It has been almost 2 months since my daughter developed a brush burn on her chin and I can't get it to go away. I'm not sure if there was ever any injury to begin with, or it developed from her rubbing it while falling asleep. She doesn't mess with it during the day, but most days when she gets up from sleeping there is blood from her chin on her blankets and stuffed toy. I took her to the doctor this week and he said we can't really do anything, she needs to stop picking it. He gave me antibiotics in case it is/will become infected, and a cream meant for burns. Neosporin has made it somewhat better in the past (wasn't bleeding- but still there), but recently it has become worse. I'm not sure if this is a kind of behavioral issue or just something annoying that will go away eventually??

Spooky7o1

Asked by Spooky7o1 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1. I would use some neosporin that works really well and fast. 2. Put a band aid with some neosporin under neither when she lays down for a nap. if she is picking at then you will know.
    3. Any kind of wounds that dont heal fast on children concern me it could be show you there could have diabetes high or low sugar. **** Not saying she does**** 4. Little one get little scrathes from thier fingernails and we know thier little fingernails can grown really fast and when something is healing it itches so she my be scrathing it in her own way.
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2009