What were your signs of impending Labor?

Before you started getting contractions, what was giving you signals as to your labor approaching?

Just asking because Im 34 weeks according to my due date which I believe to be about 3 weeks wrong... ANYWAY! lol I started getting sharp vaginal pains when I walk a lot... I lost my mucous plug, Which I know doesn't really mean anything is gonna happen too soon, but then I started getting awful lower back pain went to the Hospital they said I was dilated to a 1. Now I know women can be ones for a longggg time so that doesn't mean much either. I've had diarrhea off and on for 3 days. Now im starting to get short headaches that come and go all day. Leg pain as I sleep and as of the last two days shortness of breath off and on throughout the day.... not sure any of this means anything. So back to my question... What were your signs of impending labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didn't really have any symptoms other than feeling crappy because I was nine months pregnant! With my first I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had bad indigestion. I was up and back to the bathroom about ten times before I realized I was having cramps that felt like menstrual cramps and that it could be labour. On my tenth trip to the bathroom I realized I was having bloody show and this was probably it. My son was born about 10 hours later. With my middle child, I again woke up with menstrual type cramps and diarrhea... had been fine the whole day leading up to her birth. I woke up around midnight or a bit later and she was born just before six in the morning. With my third, I felt absolutely fine- on my edd I got up and was having some strong BHCs in the shower. I asked my dh not to go to work that day... had my dd three hours later.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I only went into labor on my own once and that was at 36 weeks. I didn't lose my plug, no bowel issues, just pretty bad cramps. I thought they were braxton hicks until I went in for my 36 week check and as she was checking me I had a "cramp" and went from 2 to 4cm instantly! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009