H1N1 (Swine) Vaccine - Are you going to get it while pregnant?

I'm just curious... how many moms-to-be are planning on or have already gotten the Swine Flu vaccine? Why or why not?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and still debating... any/all input and different views are always helpful.

Thanks so much!

babyO2010

Asked by babyO2010 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Health

• Im 17 weeks and I already had my seasonal flu vaccine and plan on getting the N1H1 as well if I can ever find it. My Obgyn doesnt do vaccines and my pcp still doesnt have them in so I dont know. I did hesitate a little cause its new but they say its totally safe to take during pregnancy which I would advize against getting it befor 12 weeks pregnant just cause of research I have done.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am not pregnant, but I would never get the H1N1 vax. Our pediatrician sent home a letter stating that she would not administer the vaccine at all because she did not believe (as a doctor) that it was at all safe. That would be enough for me - had I been considering it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I'm pregnant and turned down the H1N1 vaccine last week. I don't feel comfortable in getting it for a couple different reasons. First because it's new, second because I don't think there are many studies of long term affects on pregnant women or their babies, and third I just can't see myself exposing myself to the virus on purpose and then being around my 3yr old and my husband. Just not safe in my opinion and I think if someone is going to get it they should do a lot of research on the topic.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am 25 weeks and no I am not going to get the vaccine. My children are not getting it either I do not trust it because it was made fast and has not been tested long enough I feel on anyone. I also don't want live mutations of the vaccine in me at all I don't know about every one else but I really do not trust our Gov. right now and am not about to go get vaccinated by something they created fast and for a flu that just appeared out of no where.....
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 5:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• im 26 weeks pregnant and im not getting it. My family has tried pressuring me into it but its not happening. For one as OP's have said its not tested long term. Who knows if it will cause my babys head or arms to fall off or something. ok not literralt that but you get where im going. Besides ive already been exposed several times. I work in a daycare. I am keeping up by washing my hands more than normal, taking my prenatals, and drinking an extra glass of apple juice for the vitamin c. Anyways. To sum it all up, im not getting it. ive been offered it twice by my ob and its not happening and when Oliver is born he wont get it either. FOr some families the shot may work but not for ours.
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 5:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am 30w4d pregnant and I will not be getting the H1N1 and either will my kids or my DH My OB doesnt even recommend it and either does my PCP. So that right there tells me it just isnt safe!!..besides it hasnt been on the market more then 5 yrs and I just dont trust it.I havent had the seasonal flu shot in 20 yrs and I wont be getting that either
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 7:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thanks for your input, everyone... very much appreciated! Much help too.

Take care!
    babyO2010

Answer by babyO2010 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009