Did your Doctor give you a due date you thought was wrong and YOU were right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes one of my due dates my doctor gave me was 3 weeks different then I had figured. I was right !
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Well, because it's merely the MID-point in the 4-week due period, I knew there was a lot of room to move...
    I was actually given a "3-week due date" and told to pick anything in there. lol!
    (Baby still came at "41 weeks...")
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yep. they told me dd#2 was going to be born mid-August and I said no way, July.
    She was born June 27th, lol.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yup. With my first, the doc initially said Christmas and I said no way, that's too early! My instinctual guess was January 10th...well, she came January 8th so I win. ;-)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yes! I swore up and down that I ovulated 10 days before they said I did (based on my period, which has always been irregular). I had been checking my discharge and ferning to see when I was ovulating, and I came up with a due date 10 days before theirs. When my son was born 4 days early, they said he looked like he was overdue. Told ya!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was right on my first 2 because I had kept ovulation charts. I didn't have ultrasounds and had long cycles so the doctor's estimated dates were wrong.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• well due dates are usually "wrong" anyway if you consider that you really have a due month plus or minus 2 weeks of your due date. my doctor's due date was closer than mine because my son was born about 10 days after my due date and about 6 days after their due date. but since it's normal for babies to be born 14 days after the due date, i guess we were both equally right lol. :) just don't let them induce you and you don't have to worry about it
    Anonymous