Im 17 weeks pregnant and I have a severe cold, is it safe to take tyleno cold day/night medicine?

If I remember right it is safe because with my first pregnancy my doctor gave me a sheet of what was safe and I think this was on there but its been a few yrs and you can never to safe. It is phuedafed free and just takes care of a head congestion nasel congestion and helps with cough and pain reliever.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Reg Tylenol and cold
    If you have pain during pregnancy, you may take Tylenol or acetaminophen up to 2 tablets or 650 mg every 4 hours. Do not take aspirin during your pregnancy unless instructed to do so by your physician. Aspirin may cause problems with blood clotting and cause other problems during labor and delivery. Do not take ibuprofen (Advil) unless instructed by your physician, especially in the last 3 months of your pregnancy. If a headache persists for more than 24 hours, you should call your physician.
    You should pay particular attention to the label on any over-the-counter medicines. Many Tylenol-brand medicines (Tylenol Cold and Cough, Tylenol Sinus, etc) can contain ingredients other than acetaminophen. You should consult with your physician before taking anything other than regular Tylenol.
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I remember my docotor told me I could take tylenol but nothing else.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would ask your doctor to see what they say but mine told me it was fine in moderation. Like once a day to just have some relief, but not constant, like the every 4 to 6 hours like the directions say. So I usually just took it at night so I could breath while I went to sleep.
    Anonymous

• I was allowed to take regular Sudafed and Robitussin while I was pregnant when I got a nasty cold. I took Sudafed during the day, then Robitussin and regular Tylenol at night (to keep the pain and coughing down). I agree that you ought to ask your doctor, because all of those brands have many formulas, and only some are safe (like my doctor said to only take regular Sudafed, no others).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Always speak to your doctor, do not take anything until you speak to an professional. You never know what could go wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• When I had my cold at the beginning of this pregnancy they told me any Tylenol product or Sudafed or Benadryl and that's it.
    andersonmommy87

Answer by andersonmommy87 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009