Do you bake cookies from scratch or from a premixed package?

I've recently done both, and I must say it's very rewarding to do it from scratch, but so much frickin easier to do it from a package LOL!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know I used to help my friend bake like 5 different kinds of cookies from scratch every year for x-mas baskets for her family. I can honestly say I find the pre-packaged mix to taste better and be way easier.
    Anonymous

• caitxrawks, same with me. I finally learned how to do it from scratch and i was so proud of myself, it felt great, but its so much easier to just break the cookie dough and bake, lol.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I either do frozen Toll House cookie dough or a recipe from my mother that adds more ingredients to powdered cookie mix. They both taste wonderful!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• usually even easier than the package you add water and eggs to I do refrigerated dough! But for holidays from scratch.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I make choclate chip all the time from scratch but i like the pre-packaged for when i'm in a rush in the morning and need something quick to finish the kids lunches and i haven't made it to the store yet.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I make mine from scratch - but usually make a quadruple batch and freeze it in bags for when I want some and don't have time.

but right now I have a freezer full of cookie dough from my dd's preschool fundraiser. its not the best tasting...but it was a good cause. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I do both but I find the slice and bake or packaged cookies are just better tasting. My family's favorite cookie that I make is not made from scratch. You take chocolate chip slice and bake and you wrap it around a bite size snickers and bake it like normal. They look like regular chocolate chip cookies but with a fantastic surprise in the middle! MMMM so good!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I just baked some Pillsbury ready made snowmen cookies tonight! I will occasionally make from scratch, but not often.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 11:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Scratch!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Depends on the circumstance and type of cookie. If I need something quick for some sort of last minute event I will go packaged. But two of my favorite cookies don't come in packages so I make those from scratch (pizelles and spritzs).

Although there is a lot of fun to be had by doing scratch cookies with my two kids. Well the cleaning the house full of flour is difficult but their faces are priceless).
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2009