Are there any nice people out there anymore?

I went somewhere with my SO and the car started to overheat and we had to act fast. Well, since parking is scarce(it's downtown, what do you expect? lol) I had to park in the nearest place possible. To our luck, I had to pull into a garage which isn't legal to park *sigh* Well, a guy who works there said "You can't park there." I told him, I know but my car is overheating and I don't think I'll make it home(I had my son in my arms). He said "There are cops around here, you need to go." I was hoping there was someone who could help me or let me stay until someone could put water or coolant into the car. I NEVER park somewhere that is illegal. Even if I had a doubt a parking place wasn't legal, I look elsewhere but this was kind of an emergency situation. Is it me, or have all of the good citizens have been wiped off the planet?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry that happened to you! Sadly, most people these days don't give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves and their wallet. There are a few good ones left, you just have to look hard. Try carrying a gallon of water in your car next time, to avoid that having to go through that again. If I were that guy, I would have been happy to help you.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would have gladly helped you in any way possible. I try to help people out the best I can, I do not always get it in return but hey, at least I know I did the right thing. One time ( about 3 months ago) my car broke down in a busy 4way intersection in the pouring down rain, well no one stopped and helped me and there I was pushing and steering my car across 3 lanes so it could get onto the shoulder. Not one person helped, a couple people honked at me cause it took me a bit to get my car over to the shoulder and our light had turned green. I know that no one has to stop, it is not a law but it is just kindness. You wouldnt believe how many people I have helped. There are still good people out there, please do not give up on the human race just yet.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• That sucks. In Las Vegas, it seems like everyone is out for themselves most of the time, but my neighborhood is different from most of those around us. For example, we saw that our next door neighbor's post lantern was out (the HOA requires that all the homes have lit post lanterns that switch on at night, and they will cite you if yours is out). My husband walked over there with a step ladder and popped in three new bulbs so her light was back on. Then last night her son stopped by and said "Mr. Troy, my mom says thank you for fixing her light! Also, I wanted to let you know you left the trunk on your car open". He had been messing around outside and had forgotten to close up his car. I'm lucky to have great neighbors, but I know it's not like that all over.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• NO ! I
    Anonymous