My almost 2 year old wants to ALWAYS watch the kids movie Ratatouille!!!

Is something like this normal about this age? She is always asking to watch a "movie" (the same one). I try to put on something else and sh doesn't seem very interested in it. I have tried finding other things for her to do to occupy her and she will fuss that she wants to watch "her movie." Is this the same idea as a child being attached to a blanket or stuffed animal? It's just driving me nuts. I think I know the movie by heart and word for word now. Lol.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 11:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is normal. don't worry.

...but it would be better if it was a book that she always wanted you to read instead of a movie.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• very normal my 2 year old right now always wants to watch dora. with my middle child it was always 101 dalmations the only way i could get her off it was to find other movies were dogs were the main characters so maybe try something else with mice in it
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Very normal! My dd started with the Wizard of Oz and then we figured out she liked movies with singing and was able to ween her off that one and on to others!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Any ideas of other kids movies with mice and stuff in them that she might like. I mean we've tried Hercules recently. In my moms van she watches Tinker Bell and Elmo in Grouchland and Monsters VS Aliens, but when we are in a house or something besides the car it's the same one. She wont watch the others at home. Lol.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• my dd loves the lion king. she also has dora, veegie tales,elmo and others.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• you could try the great mouse detective, flushed away, an american tail, stuart little or the rescuers
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• its normal.

my 3 year old has an obsession right now with the Berenstain bears - picked the movie at the library and has to watch it all day (she doesn't but tries to beg and plead)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My son started an obsession with Lady and the Tramp (the "dog movie", he calls it), and then moved onto The Aristocats (the "cat movie"), then Stuart Little ("mouse movie"). Now he's back to the dog movie. But try the Stuart Little movies! Especially the second one - lots of action (and the planes and cars that little boys love), birds, and music.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 8:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Awh, that's cute (:`
    My 2 year old has the same obsession with Tinkerbell, it's totally normal.
    MelonballBounce

Answer by MelonballBounce at 9:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• that is normal. my kids are 9 and 8 and like to watch the same movie over and over sometimes. they get that way about books too.
    possummom

Answer by possummom at 10:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009