do you donate money to

toys for tots or any similar thing? i was at walmart today and there was a radio station outside. i am not made of money and dont have alot of extra money. well me and the girls were driving past and they approached the car and asked us to donate, and told me a dollar was all they wanted, but knowing that it is a good cause and christmas coming i gave them 5 dollars. do you ever donate? and if so how much?

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and the last time I did they milked it. They kept calling for more money. That was not a good idea. I will donate a dollar for good will if they are standing outside.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I don't have a lot of money, but during the xmas season every time we see someone ringing the red bells, each boy gets a quarter (I have 4 boys), to drop in. I also donate $5 a year to the Easter Seals, because they send me new address labels and a calender for FREE!
    Also if I see a Veteran, i will donate to that cause as well...
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• We ALWAYS donate to different things year round. If we don't have money to give, we go to wish upon a hero and give stuff away that we don't need.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I donate to a couple of causes regularly (Cancer Society and YMCA, mainly.) I also encourage the kids to put change in the Salvation Army pots at Christmas time and we will buy a couple of toys and donate them to a toy drive every Christmas as well. I want the kids to see examples of compassion and try to involve them in the process too- I get my son to pick a 'boy toy' and my dds to pick a 'girl toy' to put in the toy drive and we talk about how some kids do not have all the things that they do and encourage them to be thankful.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Nope we dont donate any where with cash. we dont even carry cash only debit cards. The only time i ever donated money was to "Jerry's kids" when the firemen go out in the streets with the boots. Other then that never. But my husband does donate to Breast cancer awareness every month from his paycheck. He is in the US ARMY and he can pick any foundation he wants and it automatically comes out of his LES aka Paycheck. but i dont remember how much it is. i think a few bucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I give to the Salvation Army, St. Jude's, the American Bible Society and Operation Christmas Child regularly and to a few more occasionally as I feel needed. I also tithe at my church as well as offerings above and beyond the tithe. God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. My needs are met and the Lord allows me to share the over-abundance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• We donate to worthy causes throughout the year, whether it be in cash, clothing and household donations, or our time.
    During Christmas I am more than happy to give away my change that accumulates in my wallet and I prefer to make donations with the cashiers in a store with my debit card.
    My husband's command in the Navy chooses a children's cause each year to donate to. They have a barbecue fundraiser right in DC to raise money for it.
    No one should feel pressured to give what they can't, but supporting a cause or local charity takes more than money. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I never donate money. I don't trust anyone to actually use it for what they say.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009