Diaper pail

Did you find one useful? If so, which one?
Or do you think they are a waste of money?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 11:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I bought one with my first son. I thought it was great....pop the diaper in, turn it, and GONE! Diaper Genie!.....BUT then when I tried taking the lid off and throwing away the LARGE SNAKE BAGS, they started to unravel and become a pain. I ended up not even using the second set of bags I bought. I just kept a small bathroom garbage can in the garage, then used a walmart bag to wrap the diapers in. Good luck!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have a Diaper Genie and I couldn't live without it!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I use a chepo one from BRU. I use kitchen trash bags in it and wrap dirty diapers in a walmart bag before putting it in the pail. I only use the pail because I don't have a garage to keep a bid trash can in and I don't want the diapers smelling up my apartment.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I used cloth so had one of the cheapo $5 pails from walmart.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• "I have a Diaper Genie and I couldn't live without it!" Ditto!! ours is 5 year & 2 kids old!! Still works great, never had a problem with it!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• We had a diaper genie and ended up not using it. I didn't like spending money on trash bags but also the smell of multiple old diapers is so much worse than just one dirty diaper. It wasn't worth it to me, but I know a lot of people love them.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• We used a Diaper Champ when my son was a baby, but then we just started using the regular trash can. We take out the trash so often that it never smells. I did like the Diaper Champ though. You just use regular trash bags.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Very! We used a mixture of white vinegar, water and baking soda; there was very little odor.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Waste of money. Pee diapers into the trash can which was dumped every night, poop diapers tied up in a grocery bag and thrown outside in the garbage.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I use cloth and I use a Simple Human trash can with a wet bag liner. I figure once we are done with diapers we can always use the trash can again somewhere else.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009