Is your luetal stage the same every month?

Like to calculate when you ovulate...how many days after the first day of your period...is it the same every month?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine varied between 12-15 days.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Luteal phase is the period AFTER you ovulate- between ovulation and your period. This is usually pretty consistant for most women (average is 12-16 days- under 10 days is a concern.) The pre-ovulatory period before you ovulate can be more variable among different women and over different cycles for the same woman. If you haven't read it, I totally recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler- it gives you far more accurate ways of reading your body's signals than counting days on a calendar. Upon reading it I actually learned that I was NOT ovulating when I thought I was based on calendar methods and I had a luteal phase defect making it hard to conceive- it's definitely worth a read!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009