writing a book....

Have you ever thought about writing a book? about what? And have you actually done it? How? I have always wanted to write a book about my journey and struggles but not sure if people would actually want to read it...lol. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've wanted to write children's books and an autobiography, but I'm just so busy. These days, you can write a book and self publish it online. Makes it easier to get the word out I think.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Do NOT use Author House to self publish. People have spent thousands with them and found it a scam. No one returns emails or phone calls.

Check out this link: http://www.thoughts.com/disgruntledblog/blog/authorhouse-is-a-scam-226757/

Also... like one of these poster said, find a LOCAL P.O.D. ( print on demand ) company in your area.

I've always wanted to be a writer as well. You never know though. You might be the next J.K. Rowling or Stephanie Meyer, if you are into writing about those kind of things.

I at one time wanted to be a children's author, pre-teen writer as kids are going through so many changes within themselves and peer pressure with school and friends........who knows. I may one day write SOME thing.

Good luck to ya both!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am told that I write well, but I find the process too gut wrenching
    bakebiscotti

Answer by bakebiscotti at 8:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The company I work for publishes books for new authors as well as estabished authors. The advice we always give - start writing. Put your thoughts and notes in a 3 ring binder.
    Then in order for your words to become a book, your story needs to have a flow from the introduction to the end. Your introduction works when you explain why you wrote the book and what the reader will get from it. If your book is about successfully overcoming lifes challenges, this is a well sought subject. The more your book focuses on solutions instead of detailing your struggle, the more the reader will be inspired. If you only want to detail your struggles, that is best left to a personal journal.
    We give FREE advice to new authors. there is much to learn.Many schools offer writing classes to help get yoru book together. Some published authors let new authors contribute a chapter in a book as a way of getting started.
    Wishing you great success
    DolphinChrissy

Answer by DolphinChrissy at 12:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Wow thanks so much for the advice...greatly appreciated!!!
    Anonymous