What to do for a cough that won't go away?

I am 17 weeks pregnant and have had this cough ever since I was isck with a cold a month ago. I have talked to my midwife and she has told me to take Benedryl, Robitussin and even Mucinix and none of it helps. I am at my witts end. it keeps me up at night. Any suggestions that my be safe?

GothGirly

Asked by GothGirly at 11:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to take a cough syrup with codene in it.....not sure how safe with pregnancy (I'm not pregnant, but TTC). Also after that didn't work they prescribed me a cough PILL called Benzonatate. It worked wonders and was safe for pregnancy (i double checked because i was late at that time). Good luck!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Dark chocolate will ease a cough in 5 seconds. Just get a big bar and nibble it 1/2 oz at a time.

Hot herbal tea, Traditional medicinals makes a Throat Coat and a Breath Easy tea. You can find the cold care sampler pack. Those herbs are safe for pregnancy. Throat Coat is good for a cough. Breathe Easy will break up your mucous.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Havent tried this but I have heard that a spoonful of honey helps with a cough. I had the exact same cough and i am now 37 weeks pregnant, good luck. Hopefully you find something that helps!
    gaines092306

Answer by gaines092306 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009