How would this make u feel if your husband said this about your child.

Our 2 yr old is going through chemo, she goes every tuesday. My husband was an instructor in the Marines, he told his class once he hated takeing off those days and begin away from his Marines.

he also said one time that the Marines mean more to him that his family. his quote.

I have seen what is like to see someone die. I have held them in my arms. Yall have never taking a bullet for me. So I asked him did he tell his marines he did not like taking tuesdays off to go with his daughter to the CHEMO doctor and he never answered so I assumed it was a YES.

I can not believe that he would say that about his child. It seems like the Marines comes first and we come second. The Marines are his family and we are his JOB.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I wish I could start by saying sorry, but no. Your husband is fucking douche bag. He doesn't deserve what he has. I am sorry though, for you and your precious child. I wish I could just hug you!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry you are going through all of this with your daughter. There are so many ways to interpt what your husband "meant". I would like to think of it as him not wanting to go, because it hurts him to much to see his daughter in pain that HE as a MARINE can not do anything to help. Sometimes men will avoid doing these painful things because they want to think that everything is okay, and easier to just go on with your normal schedule. Good luck!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• op- thank you so much, on top of all of this he is hoping he gets deployed by the end of the yr. He wants to go. I understand it is his job. But for him to say i pretty much said I would go over there if they have a space open sucks.
    Anonymous

• That is really sad and sounds horrible, but hopefully he is just having troube trying to say what he means. He surely is having a hard time with it. I'm so sorry for you and your situation. God Bless your daughter and you'll be in my prayers!
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• He is not having a hard time with anything. He's already said the Marines mean more to him than his family. Not hard to understand.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thanks everyone it just hurts to know he feels that way. Plus know he want to get deployed and he HOPES it is soon. he has told me he HOPES it by Christmas, or before March. But if he goes the he goes, I can take her to the doctor all by myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Please know we are all here for support, come on here and vent as much as you need too! Let him go on his journey, he's obviously very confused to what his priorities are. You are doing what's best for your baby girl and that's all that matters. Be strong for her Momma, and we will be here if you need us!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• hate to say this but it sounds like your husband has his head up his ass maybe hes having a hard time dealing but he needs to open his eyes and see that you are to
    my prayers are with you

liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 2:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am so sorry you are in this situation. Do you have other family support? It doesn't matter if he is having trouble dealing or is just heartless because either way he is not being a MAN and being there for his family with love. Feel free to pm me OP if you ever want to just message and vent.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2009