Do you think of the end of the world december 21 2o12?

ProudMom351

Asked by ProudMom351 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. This is the end of the Mayan calendar thing, right? I just don't believe it. I am interested to see the movie, 2012 though! I love those special effect, end of the world kind of flicks! ;)
    noahsmomma09

Answer by noahsmomma09 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No... the Mayan calendar ends and then restarts, just like ours does once a year. I recently read an article about Mayans who are frustrated with the whole 2012 thing... I'll try to find and post it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Here it is:
    www.mexico.foreignpolicyblogs.com/2009/10/11/the-world-will-not-end-in-2012/
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yup! The Vorpal Bunnies will spring from the earth, mistake us for sentient carrots and devour us all!

No, I don't think the world is going to end. It's going to cause mass hysteria just like we dealt with during Y2K. People are already building fallout shelters and hording food, just like back in 1999.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 12:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It may but I doubt it. It may just be some big change maybe even for the better. If they lost city was so smart maybe we will reach that intelligence again. Who knows maybe they just got sick of sitting there doing the calender or maybe that's when the died. Or maybe it's when the aliens will return. Who cares I'm worried with the here and now!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• http://www.famsi.org/research/vanstone/2012/index.html

my college posted this article online a couple months ago. makes much more sense. although thinking about sudden annihilation of all life on earth scares the crap outta me, the prospect that the Ancient Mayans and their rulers were prone to vanity (frequent alterations to calendar) relieves me. plus, numbers go on forever, and who really wants to keep counting on and on....?
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I am not sure I kinda believe that it may be the beginning of the end. I will say what scares me is... it said the anti christ will become a great leader and promise false hope and it would be all lies and would basically end the world.... 2009 Obama became president one term for him will be ended in 2012 .....may just be a coincidence, but I think something is fishy about it. I think the world will end very soon if not on December 21,2012. All we can do is pray and do right . I just hate to think about my kids though it scares the crap out of me when I think about the end of the world and my children ..they would be so young and afraid and wouldn't understand it is just a scary thought but thanks for asking because a lot of people avoid this subject...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It's hard to say, but I'd like to believe that my daughter will trudge on after she graduates from H.S. in 2011 with college, a career, a family, etc. However, on a lighter note, I saw the movie 2012 and if something like that were to happen, I'd want John Cusak in my corner to save my ass! LOL!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It may just be some big change maybe even for the better.

You've got that right....Obama will be busy packing up the moving van!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It also says everyone would like him and he would become the world Leader, I don't think thats going to happen, If Obamas the Anti-Christ He is failing miserably.
    Dott038

Answer by Dott038 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2009