What were YOUR first signs of pregnancy?

How did you know you were pregnant? Did you have any weird symptoms, no symptoms, or the usual vomiting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The biggest things for me with both pregnancies were:

1) My boobs hurt like a mother.

2) My senses of smell/taste went completely out of whack. For example, two random things I love are broccoli and Diet Coke. When I'm pregnant, they both taste TOTALLY different and lose all appeal! And though I'm usually a candle/air freshener person, when I'm preggo my sense of smell is waaay too sensitive and those things start to give me headaches.

When either of those things happens, I get suspicious that I'm knocked up! Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• the first 2 we'd ttc for so long that I knew the day my periods were late.

but #3 was a surprise. I was sick, gaining weight, craved (I would KILL) for onion rings...until I looked back after learning I was pregnant it all made total sense. but it was over christmas - I had the flu, and was getting fat. lol didn't have a cycle because of ovarian tumours and 2 medications and BCpill failing. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well, to be honest I just had a feeling I was, which I hear is pretty common. Then I missed my period and had a little spotting. I started becoming very emotional at times. Soon after, I took a HPT and found out I was pregnant. Now I am 6 weeks pregnant and my sense of smell has become extremely sensitive and i get hungry often and full easily. I have also been tired for quite a while now and have to fit a nap into my schedule every day. Hope I helped!
    BritLock

Answer by BritLock at 12:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• With my first pregancy i had no symptoms at all and found out thru a pregnancy test. with my current pregnancy(17 Weeks along) I was camping for my birthday and out of no where i started throwing up like mad in the middle of the night, my SO and I both looked at eachother and agreed that i needed to test as soon as we got back from our camping trip so i did and i got a big fat positive!
    keileensmom

Answer by keileensmom at 12:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was testing incessantly, so the first clue was my test. I had some nausea and fatigue right away, and my senses were heightened. I also had no appetite, and almost everything made me queasy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• With my 1st raw meat smelled rotten! With my 3rd I went to bed at 7:30 for three nights in a row I was SO tired. I don't know if it was anything specific with my 2nd and 4th, just a general feeling.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I peed on a stick and a pink line appeared. LOL. I was actively trying and testing at 11 DPO. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My neck turned black, like I had not showered in months.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 3:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• This is my first pregnancy!
    Umm... right now, I'm around four or five weeks, I think.
    I'm nauseous but not vomiting, I won't let my SO touch my boobs anymore b/c they hurt like a mofo, (haven't tried the shower yet, wonder how that'll be- *grimace*) have mild cravings, cramping, & really tired half the time. Not to mention I can pick up smells really easily now, which is a major pain in the butt- with that comes the nausea and headaches. ouch.

I think that just about covers it. Oh, and mood swings.
    And I've woken up twice a day to use the bathroom. Joy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I didn't really have any symptoms before I took the test. I just had a feeling that I was. But I waited utnil I was about 3 days late (holding out hope lol) and took the test. A few weeks after that I started feeling sick and tired.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2009