Best starter foods for 10 month old?

DD#2 was an early teether...as such, she is 10 months and has 7 big chompers! She therefore has NO interest in baby food any longer, and I can barely get her to keep drinking her formula. She has spotted all the yummy "big girl" food that her 3 year old sister eats, and decided that's what she wants.

Problem is, if I let her, this kid will down entire pieces of bread and the like. (No joke! She grabbed a chicken nugget from her sister the other day and downed it in nothing flat!) She can handle anything semi-soft, but I'm having trouble finding good fruits/veggies that aren't choke items. So far the only fruits/veggies I feel comfortable giving her are bananas and green beans, because they're soft and chewable without being choke hazards.

Any other suggestions? This kid is ready to rumble, I just don't know what to feed her! Haha my first kid was never ready for "real food" this early.

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 12:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My 9 month old is the same way!

Veggies...

She loves cooked carrots, green beans, English peas, black eyed peas, corn, baked potato, all kinds of beans, cubed potatoes (reg and sweet potatoes)....

Fruit....

Bananas, Diced Apple, Diced Strawberries, Diced Peaches...

My little one LOVES food - she cracks me up. She also loves plain spaghetti noodles and browned hamburger meat, rice, mac n cheese, yogurt, etc.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much for the suggestions ladies!

I know what you mean about your little one cracking you up - I am in constant awe of my infant right now, she is a bear! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• frozen mixed veggies. thats what I fed all mine. just heat up in the microwave so they're slightly overdone.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I forgot to add she loves fish, too. LOVES it.

And my oldest didn't eat table food this early - in fact, I wouldn't even think of allowing it but my little one - you can't stop her - she's flat refused most baby foods - she will still eat fruits mixed in her infant cereal - and likes some of the veggies still but prefers to chew and self feed with her fingers.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009