What can I do as far as making my old bathroom mirror somewhat like new?

I mean I know I can buy a new one but for now I can not, it is a pretty good size mirror but my question really is that this mirror has these black stains/marks with in the mirror what are they? Is it bc it is old?

They are inside the mirror...I hope u know what I am talking about. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Here are some sites with great ideas!

Thrifty Fun

eHow

In Home Projects

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The black marks means that the reflective silver on the back of the glass is coming off.
    There may be a product you can purchase to paint or spray on that will fix it, but I'm not sure. Try one of the links the first poster has placed in her reply to you - there might be something there.

If the mirror is the type that has no frame - it's just the mirror on the wall - I know you can buy some decorative pieces of wood like moulding to place around it, tack it to the wall, and make it look like a framed mirror. I'm sure Home Depot or Lowe's would be willing to make the miter cuts for you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2009